Monday, April 2, 2012

Admittedly apprehensive....

I just got a text from my dear friend Natalie asking if I'm excited for India. And it made my heart seize. Yes, I'm excited..... if by that I'm allowed to admit that I really mean terrified. India is not Boise or anything close. I mean, they both have people and they both have Jesus. 2 things. 2 things in common.

Okay, so that's a bit of an exaggeration. But still. Going to India feels like I'm about to go deep sea diving - I don't know what kinds of wonders and terrors are hidden in the Unknown, but I know they're both there.

How did I get here?? HONESTLY. I NEVER wanted to be a missionary or anything like that. In fact, I asked God many many times during my childhood to never send me anywhere, please and thank you. I prefer the comfort of my bed, my community, my world.

... "Words are failing. My melodies falter. My voice is breaking. My heart is burning. Cause blessing and honor, glory and power, praise and worship... They belong to YOU."

Thank you, Ms. Audrey Assad for singing what I need to hear in your "New Song." Everyone in the St. Paul's Student Center just looked at me oddly as I turned up my earphones to the SUPER EXTRA DEAFENING level on that song. I told them I'm allowed to listen to my music loudly. :)

I feel better. I'm processing my fear, because I know that God does not give the spirit of fear (2 Tim. 1:7)... but of POWER, and LOVE, and SELF-CONTROL. YEAH!!

Okay. India is happening. And I get to swallow my fear, trust in the Lord, and relax, knowing that He is directing my path. (Prov. 3:5 - 6)

Pray for me. Pray for Eli (Elaina). And pray for the people we'll be serving. Pax.


Fundraising Products
powered by:
Easy Fundraising Ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment